What is it?
An in depth examination of an organisation’s entire environmental management system and associated arrangements.
The Five Star Environmental Sustainability Audit aims to underpin the environmental sustainability performance of your business by examining your policies, processes and practices and recommending improvements.
The audit goes beyond the requirements of traditional environmental management systems such as ISO 14001. The audit will help you demonstrate your environmental credentials to customers, supply chain and other stakeholders, be more resource efficient and achieve cost efficiencies.
We have now launched our 2021 specification.
Want to know more about the changes? The June webinar recording of the Best Practice Audit: Five Star SHE Specifications 2021 webinar breakdowns of our suite of Five Star Audits and guides you through the changes to this year's specifications. Watch the recording here.
You can also check when upcoming webinars are on.
Who is it for?
Organisation’s within any sector (of any size) who
a) require a status assessment of their current EMS against best practice
b) require a structured route toward best practice status
The audit can be undertaken by any organisation of any size whatever stage of the environmental management journey they are on. For organisations starting out on their journey of implementing environmental management, the audit can be used as a road map for both short and long term plans for environmental performance improvement.
For organisations with a long standing commitment to environmental management, the audit provides a robust third party validation of your organisation’s current policies, processes and practices. It includes recommendations aligned with best practice that allow you to continually improve.
Why the audit is right for your organisation
- External recognition of Environmental Management Systems to best practice standards
- Demonstration to stakeholders and other interested parties (including regulatory bodies) of commitment toward environmental responsibility
- Structured route toward continual improvement and best practice standards
- Monitor current and changing environmental legislation
- Improve your environmental management systems
- Improve resource efficiency
- Assess your current systems allowing you to action plan to meet the revised ISO 14001:2015 standard
- Demonstrate your commitment to customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and the local community
- The exclusive certificate and logo can be used to demonstrate your success.
Next stepsEnquire now
Keith Whitehead, Senior Consultant, talks about recent changes to the audit.
The audit at a glance
- Five best practice indicators
- Five sections
- Fifty-One (51) elements
How does it work?
- On site review of relevant documentation
- Interviews / discussions with relevant stakeholders (including top management)
- Operational sampling
What your organisation will receive from the audit
- Detailed report
- Detailed recommendations and action planning
- Quantified outcome in all 51 elements
- Benchmarking across different aspects of the specification
- Eligibility for globe of honour (if five star achievers)
- Certification of achievement
Why you should choose the British Safety Council
Our audit and consultancy services are internationally recognised and are the best way to ensure your health, safety and environmental management systems (and associated arrangements) are suitable for your business requirements, promote continual improvement and are effectively implemented.
As part of our own quality control processes, we ensure:
- Our audit and consultancy products are regularly reviewed to meet customer needs, expectations and sector best practice
- Consistently high standards of service are achieved through a robust quality assurance process including auditor standardisation, training and performance monitoring
- Our technical specialists serve on strategic committees for occupational health, safety and environmental standards
- We have a unique internationally recognised best practice (five star) audit process
- Industry recognition from awards such as the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour
What to do nextEnquire now
Eligibility for 'Best of the best' Awards
Achieving a five star rating gives you the opportunity to apply for the prestigious Sword or Globe of Honour award and be recognised as the ‘best of the best’.